Welcome back to my blog. I recently made this really delicious Berry smoothie breakfast bowl with granola and berries and I wanted to share the recipe with you all. So here goes
Core Ingredients – Smoothie
- One Banana chopped
- Handful of frozen blueberries
- Handful of frozen strawberries
- Handful of frozen raspberries
- 2 table spoons of frozen yogurt
- 1 table spoon of desiccated coconut
- Tea spoon of Honey or sugar syrup for taste (optional)
For the Garnish
- 2 Freshly sliced strawberries to garnish
- Half a cup of crunchy granola
- Half cup frozen blueberries to garnish (you may use fresh)
- Half a teaspoon of desiccated coconut to sprinkle as garnish.
- In a blender combine all the core ingredients listed above to make your smoothie.
- Pour the smoothie mixture in a bowl and put it in the freezer for about 15 mins. Meanwhile Slice some strawberries for the garnish.
- Take out the chilled smoothie from the freezer this should give you a nice base to lay out your garnish.
- Add the sliced strawberries first , then line up the granola and then the blueberries. I am using frozen blueberries as I love to eat them frozen but you may use fresh ones if you like.
- You may add bananas, or nuts and seeds if you wish to.
- Finish off by sprinkling the desiccated coconut on top.
Once you are done your breakfast bowl should look something like this.
I have had so much fun whipping out this breakfast bowl and since it is so colourful it was a hit with my little one too. I am keen to try something chocolatey next time but without peanut butter. so when I have found the perfect base for my smoothie I will report back with another recipe.
Are you into breakfast bowls? What are your favourite recipes? leave me a line. See you soon Xx